A few things about me
I love my family, coffee, white walls and classic furniture. I enjoy scuba diving, skiing, snowboarding and travelling to remote places. I collect old pinball machines because of their artwork and would like to restore a vintage car (one day…). I was born in Germany and spend 5 years of my childhood in Ethiopia. A few years later I studied interior design for 4.5 years in Heiligendamm, a small university at the coast of the Baltic Sea. Photography was one of the minor subjects. There we had access to the studio and photo lab of the university and the opportunity to experiment with medium format cameras, film and the darkroom. In 2001 I took on a full time job as graphic designer and art director in a major advertising agency in Munich/Germany and there was very little time for photography at all. After three and a half years I left my job to travel around Australia with my partner. We both fell in love with Ningaloo Reef and have been living and working in Exmouth situated on top of North West Cape in Western Australia since December 2005. The scenery is just amazing and photo opportunities are endless. This is the place which re-ignited my love for photography. My passion for diving made it quite apparent that I just had to capture underwater images too.
In May 2007 I founded aabz-imaging and launched a postcard series featuring Ningaloo Reef. The first wedding I shot fully digital was in 2008. Since then I have progressed every year, always hunting for the best shot I can get. My style of photography, editing and retouching is an ever evolving process and influenced by attending workshops and seminars and constantly learning from the world’s best photographers. Re-branding to Sascha Photography in 2016 is another step to continually grow my business. These days I photograph with 38 mega pixel full frame digital SLR cameras manufactured by NIKON, accompanied with highest quality lenses. My fully mobile studio setup enables me to shoot at almost any location.
- Nominee Category Nature – 8th Annual Photography Masters Cup 2016
- Silver Category Wedding – Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) 2015
- Honourable Mention Category Children of the world – 8th Annual Photography Masters Cup 2015
- Silver with Distinction Category Landscape – Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) 2014
- Nominee Category Nature – 7th Annual Photography Masters Cup 2014
- Silver Category Landscape – Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) 2013
- 2x Bronze Category Landscape – International Loupe Awards 2013
- 3x Nominee Categories Silhouette, People, Nature – 6th Annual Photography Masters Cup 2013
- Nominee Category Nature – 5th Annual Photography Masters Cup 2012
“Wedding images are something you can not re-create. In today’s digital world of instant photography I’d rather slow down and spend time to get the perfect shot instead of snapping 50 frames and hope for the best.”
Want to work with Sascha?
Also travelling to weddings in Karratha, Broome, Carnarvon, Geraldton, Perth and overseas.